Preparation Time - 10 minutes
Cooking Time - 20 minutes
Servings - 10
For the Brownies
● 2 tbsp milled flaxseed + 6 tbsp water
● 240g smooth Lifeforce Peanut Butter
● 230g (peeled weight) ripe banana (approx. 2)
● 120g honey
● 40g cocoa powder
● 2 tbsp (14g) cornstarch
● 1 tsp baking powder
● 80g dark chocolate chips or chunks
For the Ganache
● 60g Lifeforce coconut oil, melted
● 30g cocoa powder
● 80g honey
● 2 tbsp coconut cream
● 2 tbsp HOT water
1. Preheat your oven to 180C (350F).
2. Line an 8 inch square tin with baking paper and lightly grease with oil or butter.
3. Mix together flax and water in a large bowl and set to one side. I use a large bowl so I can then add the other ingredients to it!
4. Blend banana to a puree in your food processor or blender.
5. Place the banana into a bowl with flax mixture, honey and peanut butter. Mix well to combine.
6. Add in the cocoa powder and cornstarch.
7. Once combined, fold in the chocolate chips or chunks.
8. Place into prepared tin and bake for 20 minutes. Allow to cool for 20 minutes while you make the topping.
9. Whisk together melted coconut oil and cocoa powder. Then add in the honey and coconut cream. Add hot water and once you have a smooth glossy ganache, pour over the brownies. Add a touch more hot water if the ganache is not silky smooth and glossy. Stir together slowly.
10. Place into the fridge for an hour or overnight; the brownies will be much easier to slice and take an even fudgier texture!